Home Contact Photos About Me Image Map

Monday 14 October 2013

Halloween Makeup Puncture Effect Tutorial

Hi Everyone,

Its Monday again and for a lot of us its the first day of the working week, I hope it went quickly for you all!
 
With Halloween fast approaching, I thought I would do a quick post and share with you a little tip I have discovered for creating a scars/vampire bites and wound effects etc.

Royalty Free Halloween Picture


To get the look you will need the following
  • A Brown eyeliner pencil
  • A Purple eyeliner pencil
  • PVA glue
  • Fake Blood
  • Concealer/Foundation
  • An old small paintbrush

I apologise for the hairiness on the picture but I used my other half as a model, although he wasn't very helpful and kept moving!

For this example I am going to do a puncture, but you can make it any shape it can be a gash or anything your imagination can come up with really.

Firstly pick the area you want the put the puncture and make a mark with the purple eyeliner roughly to the size of the blood effect you want.

Then with the brown eyeliner and the purple, trace the veins that come away from the blotch very gently.

Halloween effect makeup



Once you have done this you move on to the PVA glue. Apply it with the paintbrush so that you have created a shape around the eyeliner. Do one coat then wait for it to dry then apply a second coat.



Once the glue has dried you need to then use the concealer to cover the PVA glue and then blend this out a bit so it looks like it is a raised bit of skin (my other half's skin is a bit sallower than mine but if you are using your own concealer you should get a pretty good match)

Once the concealer has dried you then dab the fake blood into the puncture you have made. (I didn't have any fake blood so I improvised and it doesn't look dark enough but you get the idea)




Finally if you want to you can use the fake blood to make it look like there are drips of blood coming from the wound.

I hope this was easy to follow and I would love to hear if you have any tips for creating good Halloween makeup.

Heather xx

No comments:

Post a Comment