Home Contact Photos About Me Image Map

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Skincare Tag!


Hello Everyone,

First off please accept my apologies for the lack of posts in the past week. I have been a super busy monkey with work and family commitments but I am now back and itching to blog!

I have a few posts planned this week so I hope I don't overload you!

Last week the lovely Louise over at Lou Loves Beauty tagged me to do my first ever tag!

This one is right up my street to as I do love a bit of skincare, it has become a necessity since I have got older and we all know we only get one skin so we may as well look after it! Please do pop over and see what Louise had to say, I have linked her post here.

Anyway onto the tag!



Describe your skin routine in 5 words

Double Cleanse, Exfoliate/Toner (that's one word I'm sure!) Treat & Hydrate!

I have to say this is a condensed version than I would usually use to describe it, but I was only allowed 5 words!

What's your skin type?

I have combination skin I think, it gets oilier on my T-Zone but I can get dry patches just above my eyebrows in winter. I also get quite bad spots around my chin area which can really get me down.

Top Blemish Zapper?

I used to use the Origins Super Spot remover which is really good and does do a fab job of bringing down redness and drying the spot out.

More recently though I have been just making sure I cleanse really well and then I have been giving the general area of the spot a gentle rub with some Trilogy Rose Hip Oil. I think this is working well for me as I tend to get the under the skin 'no-head' painful spots rather than ones with heads and the oil nourishes the skin rather than drying it out.

Face Wipes Yay or Nay? 

These are a definite nay for me, I have previously mentioned in my Evening Skincare Routine post the hilarious quote by the skincare maven that is Caroline Hirons regarding face wipes and their purpose in life and I have to admit that since I have stopped using them to cleanse my skin has improved by leaps and bounds. So just say no to face wipes!


  
Toner Yay or Nay?

I am firmly in the toning camp, I use an exfoliating toner now. Before that I used to use the Lush Tea Tree toner in an attempt to curtail spots and it did an ok job. However my skins texture and the frequency of break outs has really diminished since I began using an exfoliating toner. I have tried a few but I am using the Pixi Glow Tonic at the moment and I really cant sing its praises high enough.

High End Skincare or High Street Make Up

This is a easy question for me as I love my higher end skincare (and make up) and don't really use that much high street make up. Also I believe that if you start with a good canvas i.e the skin on your face, then your make up will look far better and in the long run you wont feel that you have to use as much to get the effect you want.



Whats the most unusual skin care product you have used?

Hmm this is a hard one I would have to say for me it would be the Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Face Mask, as I have been used to clay style masks as a rule. This felt like I was putting jam on my face that tingled, I don't regret it though as it is a great treatment and leaves my skin glowing and its well worth the price tag!



Whats your top Skincare tip?

My top tip would be to have a routine and to try and stick to it. Your skin is an organ and it needs to be taken care of the same way you would care for your heart. If you keep it clean and listen to its needs then its should work as its supposed to! Obviously its helped by drinking plenty of water and not eating food that is high in fats and sugars, but hey I know its not easy, I for one am not someone who can say no to pizza easily!

That was fun, it's my turn to tag now so I tag.

Tia from Bellezza Babe
Hannah from Lippy in London
Stacey from Beautiful Solutions

Thats it for this evening hope you have enjoyed the post please let me know if you decided to do this tag as I would love to hear your answers!

Heather xx


4 comments:

  1. Awesome answers Hun, I think we're quite similar when it comes to skin care. I really enjoy these posts and seeing the different answers people put and what products they use. I really want to try the Pixie Glow tonic!
    LouLovesbeauty
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks lovely :) As I was writng it I was very aware of how similar my answers were to yours! I wasn't copying honest lol! Thanks for the tag it was lots of fun :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hey lovely! Love these sorts of posts and I'll be sure to do a skin tag soon as well :) Thanks for tagging me, chat soon, mwah! And loving your new blog btw :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Tia :) Ahh thank you am glad you like it defo let me know if you get a chance to do the tag! keep being awseome xxx

      Delete