Home Contact Photos About Me Image Map

Monday 14 October 2013

Pay Day High End Make Up Haul

Hello Everyone,

The other week was pay day for me so off I went to spend spend spend! I had a great girly day out with one of my friends who is also a beauty addict like me so I think we kind of encouraged each other a bit, hence me going a bit crazy, oops!

I apologise for the camera quality in advance, I've been hinting to the Mr that I want a DSLR but he's produced nothing so far (huff!) note to self to step that one up!

Heres the haul :-

My Payday Haul purchases

Starting from the top we have a Smashbox Try It Kit of their best sellers and a Smashbox Brow Tech To Go in brunette.

Payday Haul Purchase

The Try It Kit contains the following:-
  • Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • Photo Finish Lid Primer
  • Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx
  • Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black
  • Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume
Here is what it looks like when you get the goodies out of the box :-

Smashbox Try It Kit out of the box

These are my first Smashbox products, Miss Budget Beauty raves about the Brow Tech To Go so I went in to Boots with the intention of getting that. However, when I went there was a points deal on if you bought two Smashbox items (I am such a sucker for a Boots point deal!) so I picked up the try it kit as I thought it would give me a good overview of the range. I have used the Brow Tech To Go and I really rate it and its already on my re purchase list for when it runs out.

I have been reading good things about the Oribe Texturising Spray which I have been wanting to get but couldn't justify the cost. I have been looking for cheaper alternatives and the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish has been blogged about a lot recently as being a good dupe so I thought I would try it out.

Payday Haul Purchase


With my purchase I was luckily enough to get free samples of the Thickening Hairspray and the Straight Blow Dry Serum. I am looking forward to giving those a go but secretly hoping I don't like them as otherwise that's more money to be spent!

Then we come to what is a regular seasonal purchase for me, I love this little set and used my Boots Points after Christmas shopping last year to purchase this so when I saw it again I snatched it up!  :-


The pack contains :-
  • Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara
  •  Bi-Facil
  • Mini Crayon - Khol Noir
This is a great purchase for me as I love the Doll eyes mascara so it is something I would buy anyway so the added eye make up remover and eyeliner are a great extra, the Bi-Facil is really good at removing heavy eye make up and the size is perfect for when I go away.

While walking past the YSL Counter my eye was caught by the new Rebel Nude Glossy Stains, after a swatch or four I decided on number 107 Naughty Mauve. It was a hard decision as there were a few I liked but this one in particular had a slight duo chrome effect which really appealed to me. It's a lovely day to day wearable shade and the formulation on the Glossy Stains is really lovely and very long lasting I will definitely be going back to add a few more to my collection :-



Below the Glossy stain on the haul picture there are a couple of  Urban Decay samples that I was lucky enough to be given. The card holds four samples of their new Revolution Lipsticks in shades F-Bomb,Naked,Obsessed and Anarchy there was also a travel size 24/7 glide on Lip Pencil in Naked. This is such a good sample and I am excited to give these a go before most likely picking one up.

As usual whilst out shopping the Mac counter called out my name and lured me in with the new Rhianna collection. Some would say it was fate, but this trip was cleverly planned! It was a good job I went to the store as last time I don't think my Mr was too happy when I hijacked his day and asked him nicely (told him) to sit at the computer all day from the release time and spend his hard earned pennies on securing me goodies from the last release.

He managed to get me the the RiRi Woo Lipstick and the Hibiscus Kiss blusher and bronzer duo. So this time I went for:-


From left to right:-
  • 'Nude' Matte Lipstick
  • 'Diamonds' Cream Colour Base
  • 'RiRi Woo' Lipglass Lip Gloss
The RiRi Woo Lip gloss matches the lipstick that the Mr kindly purchased for me and as the RiRi Woo
Lipstick is a Matte this gives it a different dimension and a lovely shine.

The Diamonds cream colour base is a lovely sheeny champagne colour and is perfect as a highlighter or as a cream eyeshadow I will get a lot of use from this as it is very versatile.

I was initially unsure about the Nude lipstick as it looked quite dark and looks like it would be more suited to a deeper skin tone than mine however after speaking to one of the girls at my local counter she layered it over a pinkish lip liner (Hip N Happy if you are interested) and put a peachy/pink gloss over the top which morphed it into a perfect classic nude lip.

I also picked up a pro pan 'Star Violet' eye shadow to add to my pro palette, I have slowly built up my palette and now only have one space to fill. I am very excited to pick up my last shade but am unsure of what I should get so any suggestions are welcome.

Below the Mac is a little (well little-ish!)  Nars haul. This is another brand that I have not really tried before but I have heard so many positive reviews that I had to get a few bits :-



So we have from left to right :-
  • 'Andy Warhol' Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Candy Says
  • Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu
  • Sheer Glow Foundation in Mount Blanc
  • 2 samples of the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Finland and Groenland



I got the Lip gloss to go with the Nude lipstick from Mac (obviously I was completely ignoring the fact I have plenty of lip glosses at home), its a beautiful peachy pink shimmery colour and really works well with the Nude Lipstick and is just as good on its own.

The Velvet Matte lip pencil was picked up as part of my new Autumn dark lip kick it is a very dark blueish purple. It is very vampy on, I like it a lot! I will say that your lips need to be in good condition and well moisturised to get the best effect as it can cling to dry patches, I really like the formula on the Velvet Matte pencils and I will be getting a few more soon.

Lastly I picked up the much reviewed and adored Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I wont say too much about this as I will be posting a review of my own soon, but I will say that I really rate this and its gives my skin a great finish, it has even been enough to tempt me away from my beloved YSL Teint Touche Eclat which is saying something indeed. I was also given a couple of samples of the Tinted moisturiser to have a play with which was really nice of them.

Finally I was able to get a quite a few samples including the new YSL Youth Liberator and the Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundations. I was also able to get a sample of the Laura Mercier Primer and one of the new Clinique ones.

Well thank you for staying with me and reading what has turned into a huge post, sorry about that! Have I picked up anything you would like a more detailed review on or is a must have in your own collections? Please let me know of any hints or tips you have to get the best use out of it, if so I always love hearing from you guys!.

Heather xx

6 comments:

  1. No encouragement was needed Miss B! :)

    Love the blog and can't wait till our next trip Xx Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are so right I am just a lean mean shopping machine lol! xx

      Delete
  2. So many products here I really like! I love Nars as a brand-we are the same shade Sheer Glow! I also really like the Velvet Matte pencils-Sex Machine is the perfect pinky nude on me. I also picked up a couple of the Riri for Mac bits-RiRi Woo and one of the eyeshadow quads.

    Am tempted to try out the new YSL nude glossy stains-I don't think they have arrived in Dubai yet though

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh foundation twins :) I am really liking it as well was worth the investment! i will have to check out Sex Machine on my next trip. I really wanted to get the Good Girl Gone Bad blush and I am kicking myself now I didnt!
      I really like this glossy stain colection there are a few shades I am going to go back for!
      Thanks for stopping by it means a lot :) xx

      Delete
  3. That all looks so pretty, a few could be on the wish list for my next shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many nice thing out at the moment it is super tempting! Thanks for dropping by :) xx

      Delete